Part of our CNY tradition is each family will buy or make their famous food back to Kluang.
- 2nd Auntie will make “kok cai” which is Hubby’s favourite and layer cakes that both Jared and Jaden love so much.
- 4th Auntie will buy Godiva and all sort of expensive chocolates
5th Auntie will make fruits cake and cook curry chicken
- 7th Auntie is famous for her roast pork and Ju Hu Char
- 8th Auntie always buy persimmon, plum, cherry, strawberries and varieties of nuts (almond, walnut, etc).
We have non-stop of good food that was so hard to resist. Nobody can ever have a successful “diet plan” during this CNY get together.
The second cooking class that we had is to cook “Ju Hu Char” by Auntie Jenny again.
- Boil pork belly (200g) and slice thinly
- Soak dried squid strips (Ju Hu See) with vinegar and water for about 10 minutes
- Saute garlic and onion
- Add squid strips and stir until fragrant
- Add pork and stir fry for about 5 minutes
- Add vegetables (carrot, turnip, cabbage, French bean, mushroom) and stir fry until cooked.
- Add pinch of salt and white pepper.
This dish goes very well with lettuce.