COVID-19 Movement Control – Day 72
Lunch: Chicken Fajitas
Chicken fajitas, a classic Mexican recipe that is easy to prepare and a flavorful meal. I marinated the chicken yesterday so that the chicken is seasoned well and I could cook it fast for lunch today since it’s a working day, the usual WFH.
We ate it 3 different ways ie with quinoa, wraps and butterhead lettuce. Top it with avocado and a dollop of sour cream. So yummy and healthy.
Ø Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Ø Chicken Fajitas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves the thickness
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime
Ø For Serving
- Butterhead lettuce
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Add the fajitas seasoning ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together.
2. Season the chicken. Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers press it into the chicken.
3. Cook the chicken. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly coat it with a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil. Sear the chicken breasts for about 7-8 minutes on each side.
Then remove them from the pan and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.
4. Saute the bell peppers and onion. While your chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
Once the chicken is removed, saute the bell peppers and onion in the same skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until caramelized.
5. Mix together. Add the chicken back into the skillet, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice (A must as squeeze of fresh lime adds a punch of flavor) and stir everything together.
6. Wrap it up. Serve immediately with tortillas and extra toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.