COVID-19 Movement Control – Day 60
Lunch: Shrimp Aglio Olio
Can’t believe it. We already survived 60 days of MCO. Throughout this MCO, I have journaled every day on my Instagram of my thoughts, special memories and mostly food that I cooked, some for the very first time since we cant eat out during this special time. The one special thing is, the boys used to tell me “Mommy, can you please don’t cook?”. Now, Jaden would come to the kitchen and asked what did I cook that smelled so nice or he would add on his food serving. This is for me to read years in future of how we survived this pandemic and why 2020 is so special to all of us. Treasuring memories.
My favorite pasta is Aglio Olio and also one of the very first pasta that I tried cooking. It’s easy and I was told to think of the colors of Italy flag. White for garlic (lots and lots of garlic cooked with olive oil), green for parsley and red for tomatoes.
When I was buying parsley, I had the option of getting a packet of Italian parsley at $2.50 or a parsley plant at $6.50. It was the only parsley plant standing there and surprisingly, it looked healthy. I decided to get the plant as the Accountant mind told me if I can use it 3 times, it’s already cheaper and I don’t have to keep on going back to Village Grocer to buy. I am really challenging myself if any plant can survive in my hands. I don’t have green fingers.
- Pasta – 250g (about 85g per serving)
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Anchovies in olive oil – 2 per serving
- Garlic – 6 cloves, thinly sliced
- Chili flakes (1/4 tsp) or chili padi (2 red, halved and seeds removed)
- Shrimps – about 5 medium shrimps per person
- Cherry tomatoes – 12
- Fresh Italian parsley – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Put 2.5 litre of water to boil, add salt
- Once boiled, gently put pasta into the pot of boiling water.
3. Let it cooked for about 10 minutes or follow cooking instructions on pasta box, stirring occasionally.
4. While pasta is cooking, add olive oil into wokpan.
5. Put anchovies and its oil
6. Add garlic slices and sauté until golden brown and fragrant. Add chili padi.
7. Add shrimps and cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimps.
8. Add tomatoes
9. Add cooked pasta and parsley and mix them evenly.
10. Add a little of water from pasta pot, if it is dry.
11. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with some parsley and serve warm.
You may sprinkle some grated parmesan, if you love cheese.
The 3 beautiful colors of Italy flag.