COVID-19 Movement Control – Day 55
Lunch: Shrimp Taco Bowl
My third attempt of Poke Bowl. Butter garlic shrimp with mango salsa and cabbage salad. Recipe inspired from Downshiftology. I found her while looking for meals prep ideas and saw several interesting posts by her.
The shrimps were juicy and succulent. The mango salsa had the sweet and sour refreshing taste. The cabbage gave a crunchy healthy taste to the bowl. I had white rice at the bottom of the bowl. I love the colours of the food and I can see myself eating this often.
Option 1: Garlic butter shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter, or more as desired
- 600g large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat and then stir in the garlic. Cook this for about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and season it with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp begins to turn pink. Do not overcook shrimp or they will become rubbery.
- Take the shrimp off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. If you’d like it extra buttery, you can add more butter now as well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
Option 2: Fajitas shrimp
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 300 g Fresh Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Mix together and add Shrimp. Marinate 20 minutes before grilling/frying.
- Add olive oil and fry Shrimp 2-3 minutes per side.
(B) MANGO SALSA
Mango salsa, a perfect blend of sweet and zesty taste which is good with Tortilla chips or add it to meals for boost of fresh sweetness i.e. pair with tacos, fajitas, burrito bowls, salads, etc.
- 1 ripe (1 cup) mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 small (1/4 cup) red onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced – reduce or omit to adjust spicy level
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves or fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Once you have prepared all the ingredients, toss them into a bowl and stir everything together until it’s combined.
- Let the salsa rest for about 10 minutes for the flavors to blend together or serve right away with a side of tortilla chips.
- 2 cups chopped Red Cabbage
- 2 cups chopped Green Cabbage
- 1 stalk chopped Green Onion
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
Mix together, set aside.
(D) ASSEMBLE TACO BOWL
- Scope rice (white, brown or quinoa rice) on serving bowl
- Place shrimp on top of rice
- Add Mango Salsa and Slaw
- Add fresh Avocado and cherry tomatoes to add flavor and colour to the food.