Idea to cook spaghetti Bolognese from the balance of tomato paste and tomato sauce that I used for lasagna. I also like the meat sauce from the lasagna recipe. With that, I cooked spaghetti Bolognese for lunch today.
The recipe is pretty similar to the lasagna meat sauce recipe. I changed the carrot with portabella mushroom.
The ingredients below are good for 6 serving.
Ingredients for Meat Sauce:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 portabella mushroom, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 g minced meat (chicken, beef or pork) – roughly 100g for each serving
- 4 tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1/2 can (200 g) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a pot, pour oil and cook mushroom, onion and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- Add in meat and cook until well browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Simmer covered for about 1.5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add in pasta. Bring the water back to rolling boil before start counting cooking time to as indicated on pasta packaging.
- Drain pasta and transfer to serving plate.
- Scoop meat sauce over pasta and serve immediately.
We all love to eat Spaghetti Bolognese. Jared likes it even more to eat the pasta that left to rest overnight.