On a cold, rainy day … it’s so comforting to have a bowl of glutinous rice balls (tang yuan) in ginger soup.
So glad that I bought this packet of ready made glutinous rice balls last weekend and could quickly made it for our after dinner dessert today, especially after hearing another 2 weeks of MCO.
The pandan leaves are from our pot in the balcony, the reason why I like to have mini herbs garden at home.
- A packet of glutinous rice balls
- Water: 2 cups (480ml)
- Ginger: 2 inches, sliced
- Pandan: 3 leaves
- White sugar: 30 gram
- Brown sugar: 30 gram
- Put water and ginger into a pot
- Let it boil and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add pandan leaves
4. Add sugar and let it simmer till sugar is fully dissolved
5. On a separate pot of water, let it boil, put in the glutinous rice balls and let it cook till the rice balls float.
6. To serve, add rice balls to a serving bowl and ladle the ginger soup over.