A few years ago, a friend asked me if I’ve baked chocolate chips cookies. I said yes and then, she asked me “was it crunchy”? I said “yes” and she asked from me for the recipe.
The following day, I received a message from her that she’ve tried baking the chocolate chips cookies based on my recipe and it was very successful. It was crunchy and crisp and her kids just love them.
I saw a new colleague of mine always buy chocolate chips cookies from Starbuck. He is the colleague who on board me into my new job and will be moving to work in Singapore office in end Nov 12. I wanted to bake this chocolate chips cookies for him before he leaves us.
This morning, after my usual cup of coffee, I started baking chocolate chip cookies. The following is the recipe and this cookies is very easy to bake.
- 227g butter
- 130g soft brown sugar
- 65g Castor sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 big size egg, lightly beaten
Combine and sift:
- 325g self-raising flour
- 130g plain flour
- 1/3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 tbsp milk
- 130g chocolate chips
- 100g pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter and sugar (brown and Castor) till creamy.
- Beat in vanilla essence and egg until mixture turns light.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Add in milk, chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Fold in with a metal spoon.
- Drop half a tablespoon of mixture onto non-stick baking trays. Leave about 5-6cm between each tablespoon to allow space for spreading.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let cookies cool completely before store them in air tight container.
We may substitute the pecan nuts with walnut. Pecan is more expensive than walnut but I like it with pecan better.
Some chocolate chips are milk based ie sweeter; while some have the balance of chocolate and milk, or have higher content of chocolate. Do read and ask about the chocolate chips as it may affect the sweetness of the cookies.
If the cookies are under-baked, they will be soft or not as crunchy.
Cookies with chocolate chips will be harder when they cool completely. If cookies are not crisp and crunchy, bake for another few minutes in oven or toaster.
After making the cookies, I went to market for my groceries shopping to stock up food for the week.
After lunch, I went to Amante and had my favourite hot stone massage.
I needed this massage badly. Love my therapist for the day, Mariyah. She was really good and gave me a good massage that I fell asleep during the 1.5 hours of hot stone massage.
My sister came to our house with her 3 boys. We had the chocolate chip cookies for tea. I gave them 2 containers of cookies for them to enjoy at home.
Good thing is meant to be shared.