It’s school holiday and I’ve not planned for any holiday trip for the family due to my new job commitment. I really wish to take my boys for a short trip or even just for a day trip to take them out from their normal daily routine.
During the last school holiday in May 12, we had a day trip to Kuala Gandah and Bentong. I posted those pictures and write up on my facebook, blog and Trip Advisor and I received lots of enquiries and respond to the post.
I’m reposting the post that I updated in my treasure memories blogspot blog here. Hopefully, all of you will enjoy the day trip as much as we did.
Hubby obtained 2 red and 3 yellow stickers and made donation to the sanctuary.
Since it was still early, Hubby suggested that we visited Deerland Park which is located not far away.
The entrance fee to this Deerland Park is RM6 for adult and RM3 for kids.
|Deer feeding with food provided by the park|
There are also opportunity to touch and take photo with snacks.
We were at the Deerland Park for about an hour and adjourned to the Elephant Sanctuary.
We walked around its information centre and read interesting stories and facts on elephants.
The Japanese families brought food and had picnic lunch at this place.
The only cafe at the Elephant Sanctuary.
After lunch, we walked to the elephants feeding and show venue.
Jared feeding elephant with peanuts.
|Finished bathing, ready for show time|
Queuing for elephant rides for visitors with yellow sticker. Hubby, Jared and I had a ride on an elephant the natural way ie no basket. It was an interesting ride.
After the ride, we had a cold drink at the same cafe that we had our lunch. We left Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary at about 3.10pm to adjourn for Bentong Chamang Fall. On the way, there were cows on the road and we need to drive safely.
|Be careful crossing the bridge|
|There are picnic place|
The waterfalls can be dangerous with powerful currents.
We reached this restaurant at Bukit Tinggi at 6pm and had our early dinner there.
Suggestion for the trip:
- Wear light and comfortable clothes.
- Bring water, sunglasses and caps as there are a bit of walking under hot sun.
- Wear comfortable shoes and shoes that can resist water if go to the Chamang Fall
- Make the first stop at Elephant Sanctuary to register and collect stickers as there is limited stickers given out in a day, especially the yellow sticker for rides and bath with elephants.
- Allow ample time for lunch, suggest have early lunch as there’s only 1 cafe in Elephant Sanctuary and everyone is rushing for the 1.30pm video show.
- Bring peanuts and banana to feed elephants.
- Make some contribution to the Elephant Sanctuary as there’s no entrance fee, for the maintenance of the elephants and park.
- Bring extra changing clothes and towel.
- Be careful if swim at the Bentong Chamang Fall